This cable calculator is to be used as a guide only; the cable sizes are worked out using information given from your input, accurate values are essential to give you the correct cable size. The user is to ensure the type of cable is suited to environment and conditions the cable will be exposed to.
This cable calculator is set for Installation method C (Clipped Direct), for cable types BS5467 and BS6724 SWA (Steel wire armoured cable) and is based on the voltage drop selected at 230V single phase and 400V three phase.
If you need any further help with sizing your cable please call one of our team on 01244 288138
8am - 5pm
Monday to Friday
8am - 12pm
Single Phase 240V Extension Lead SY Cable 3 Pin 32A X 15M
We cut the extension lead to the length you require, and with our stock we can offer fast delivery all over the UK. These extension leads are ideal for caravan hook ups, tent hook ups, hook ups for boats and a whole host of other applications. All extension leads include a blue 32A plug and 32A Connector (socket).
SY cable - Plain annealed flexible copper conductors, PVC insulated, extruded PVC bedding, galvanised steel wire braid armour, transparent PVC outer sheath. 300/500 volts grade generally to BS6500 and VDE 0250 class 5.
Application: Used as interconnecting cable for measuring, controlling or regulation in control equipment for assembly and production lines, conveyors and for computer units. Suitable for fixed installations or for flexible use in conditions of light mechanical stress. Can be used outdoors when protected, and in dry or moist conditions indoors. The braided screen offers the best possible protection against mechanical damage and offers a level of Electro-magnetic shielding. The galvanised coating helps protect against corrosion.
- Standards: Generally to BS6500, VDE0250
- Conductor: Class 5 flexible annealed plain copper conductors to BS EN 60228:2005 (previously BS6360), VDE0295, IEC 60228
- Insulation: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Type TI 2 complying with BS EN 50363-3:2005
- Bedding: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) TM2 as specified in BS EN 50363-4-1:2005
- Braiding: GSWB (Galvanised Steel Wire Braid)
- Minimum coverage of braiding shall be 50%
- Sheath: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) conforming to TM 2 as specified in BS EN 50363-4-1:2005
- Sheath Colour: Transparent
- Voltage Rating: 300/500V
- Operating Temperature: -15°C to +70°C
- Minimum Bending Radius: 10 x overall diameter
- Short Circuit Temperature: +160°C
- Core Identification: Black with White numbers. (3 cores and above to include Green/Yellow). Coloured cores available.
Call our technical sales team on 01244 288138 for further information and assistance regarding these extension leads or any of the products we have available through our website.