General Information – SY Control Cable
SY Cable is a flexible multi-core cable with class 5 flexible annealed plain copper conductors, PVC insulation and a transparent PVC sheath that generally meets the requirements of both BS6500 and VDE0250 standards. It also has the added benefit of a galvanized steel wire braid with PVC bedding, so it can easily cope with situations of medium to high mechanical stress.
- Conductor : Class 5 flexible annealed plain copper conductors to BS EN 60228:2005 (previously BS6360), VDE0295, IEC 60228
- Insulation : PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- BEDDING : PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- BRAIDING : GSWB (Galvanised Steel Wire Braid)
- Sheath : PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
The flexible SY Cable is supplied to a wide number of industries including building and construction, rail and transport infrastructure, transmission, distribution and power networks as well as automation and process control.
SY Cable is used as interconnecting cable for measuring, controlling or regulation in signal and control equipment. This braided control cable is found frequently on assembly and production lines, conveyors, in computer units and machine tool manufacture. The SY Cable’s flexible and versatile design makes it a great choice for linking fixed and mobile equipment.
With the right protection (such as keeping it out of direct sunlight), SY Cable is useful for outdoor installations. The SY Cable is most suitable, however, for work in dry or moist indoor environments.
Where control cable is to be located in public areas, a LS0H version of the SY Cable is often made to order – when exposed to fire it emits low levels of smoke and non-toxic levels of halogen gas
- Standards : Generally to BS6500, VDE0250
- Sheath Colour : Transparent
- Voltage Rating : 300/500V
- Temperature Rating : Fixed: -35°C to +70°C, Flexing: -15°C to +70°C
- Minimum Bending Radius : 10 x overall diameter
Core Identification : Black with White numbers. (3 cores and above to include Green/Yellow). Coloured cores available.