Showing all 4 results
Showing all 4 results
GENERAL INFORMATION – SY 7 Core CONTROL CABLE
What is 7 Core SY Cable?
SY Cable is a flexible multi-core cable with class 5 flexible annealed plain copper conductors. It consists of PVC insulation and a transparent PVC sheath that generally meets the requirements of both BS6500 and VDE0250 standards.
It also has the added benefit of a galvanised steel wire braid with PVC bedding. This allows it to better cope with medium to high mechanical stress.
How is SY Cable constructed?
- Conductor: Class 5 flexible annealed plain copper conductors to BS EN 60228:2005 (previously BS6360), VDE0295, IEC 60228
- Insulation: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Type YI2
- BEDDING: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Type TM2 as specified in BS EN 50363-3:2005
- BRAIDING: GSWB (Galvanised Steel Wire Braid)
- Sheath: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Type TM2 as specified in BS EN 50363-3:2005
SY 7 core Cable can also be called Flexible or Braided Control Cable, SY Control Flex and Instrumentation Cable.
Which industries use SY Cable?
Many industries such as building and construction (airports), rail and transport, and infrastructure use flexible SY 7 core cable. It is also commonly found in automation and process control.
Use SY Cable as interconnecting cable for measuring, controlling or regulation in signal and control equipment. This braided control cable is popular for assembly and production lines, conveyors, in computer units and machine tool manufacture.
The SY Cable’s flexible and versatile design makes it ideal for linking fixed and mobile equipment as well as projects where fixed installations are required.
With the right protection (such as keeping it out of direct sunlight), SY Cable is useful for outdoor installations. The SY Cable is most suitable, however, for work in dry or moist indoor environments.
Uses for the clear sheath?
The clear sheath means the SY Cable can be inspected with ease for signs of deterioration, damage or corrosion.
Is a Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LS0H) SY Cable available?
Where control cable is to be located in public areas, a LS0H version of the SY Cable is often made to order – when exposed to fire it emits low levels of smoke and non-toxic levels of halogen gas (typically under 0.5% HCl emission).
- Standards: Generally to BS6500, VDE0250
- Sheath Colour: Transparent
- Voltage Rating: 300/500V
- Temperature Rating : Fixed: -35°C to +70°C, Flexing: -15°C to +70°C
- Minimum Bending Radius: 10 x overall diameter
- Core Identification: Black with White numbers + Green/Yellow
We sell a large range of SY Cable, so if you cannot see the SY Cable you require, please contact our Sales Team on 01244 288138, who will be happy to provide further information and assistance.
Quickbit Ltd are based on the Deeside Industrial Estate near Chester, so if you’d prefer to pick up the SY Cable as opposed to having it delivered, please feel free to do so.
SY Cable 7 Core for the best prices online, cut to length with fast, free delivery on orders over £100.00.