LSF Armoured Cable 5 Core is a type of Steel Wire Armoured (SWA) Cable, suitable for powered networks. Because of the steel wire armour that mechanically protects the insulating layers beneath, this cable is suitable for outdoor use and underground burial. It can also be attached to walls and structures using Armoured Cable Cleats. The LSF part of the name stands for Low Smoke and Fume or Low Smoke Zero Halogen, which is the type of sheath and bedding the cable uses. This means that the cable is suitable for installation in places where smoke emissions and toxic fumes can be potentially life-threatening, for example, hospitals, schools etc.
LSF Armoured Cable 5 Core Specifications
- Conductor: Class 2 stranded copper conductor
- Insulation: XLPE (Cross-Linked Polyethylene)
- Bedding: LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen)
- Armour: SWA (Steel Wire Armour)
- Sheath: LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen)
- Core Identification: Brown | Black | Blue | Grey | Green/Yellow
- Sheath Colour: Black
- Minimum Bending Radius:
– 1.5mm to 16mm – Fixed: 6 x overall diameter
– 25mm & Above – Fixed: 8 x overall diameter
- British Standards: BS 6724, BS EN/IEC 60228, BS EN/IEC 60754-1/2,
BS EN 50267-2-1, BS EN/IEC 60502-1, BS EN/IEC 61034-2
Flame Retardant according to BS EN/IEC 60332-1-2, BS EN/
IEC 60332-3-24 Cat C
Here at Quickbit, we stock & supply a range of 5 Core LSF Armoured Cable. If there is a size or variant you can’t find on our website, please call our sales team on 01244 288138 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as they’ll be happy to help source the cable if possible.
Ordinarily you’d find this cable underground or in power networks. It is suitable for both indoor & outdoor applications as well as any place where smoke emissions and toxic fumes are a serious danger. Please note that if this cable needs to be terminated into a box or application, you’ll require Indoor LSF gland packs or outdoor LSF gland packs to suit as well. Regular gland packs aren’t made from the same material and are therefore not suitable for LSF applications.