This cable calculator is to be used as a guide only; the cable sizes are worked out using information given from your input, accurate values are essential to give you the correct cable size. The user is to ensure the type of cable is suited to environment and conditions the cable will be exposed to.
This cable calculator is set for Installation method C (Clipped Direct), for cable types BS5467 and BS6724 SWA (Steel wire armoured cable) and is based on the voltage drop selected at 230V single phase and 400V three phase.
If you need any further help with sizing your cable please call one of our team on 01244 288138
8am - 5pm
Monday to Friday
8am - 12pm
SWA Cable Sheffield
Do you need SWA cable in Sheffield? Quickbit can have your SWA cable delivered to Sheffield next day if you order your SWA cable before 1.00pm. We have 2 core swa cable for delivery in Sheffield and 3, 4, 5 core swa cable that all can be delivered in Sheffield normally next day at the best prices online and we are sure a lot cheaper than buying your swa cable locally in Sheffield.
Quickbit Deliver swa cable Sheffield in the following sizes 1.5mm 2.5mm 4mm 6mm 10mm 16mm 25mm 35mm 50mm and all the way up to 300mm, we also cut your swa cable to the length you require so you’re not left with the end of the roll.
Quickbit can also deliver LSF SWA cable to Sheffield in the same sizes as above.
so if you need your swa cable in Sheffield quickbit ltd is your place to get you order in online or call our order hotline on 01244 288138
Quickbit ltd can cut your steel Wire Armoured Cable to length as required from 1 meter all the way up to over 1000 meters, SWA Cable cut to your required length can save lots of money as you will not be left with a useless cut off as ,6942X, 6943X, 6944X, 6945X. Sizes range from 1.5mm, 2.5mm, 4.0mm, 10.0mm, 16.0mm to 300mm, Available in 2 Core, 3 Core, 4 Core, & 5 Core
Steel wire armored cable, commonly abbreviated as SWA and also known as armoured cable, is a hard wearing cable designed for the supply of mains electricity and is found in underground systems, power networks and cable ducting in industrial installations clipped onto tray work
The typical construction of an SWA cable can be broken down as follows:
- Conductor: consists of plain stranded copper
- Insulation (XLPE) is used in a number of power cables because it has good water resistance and excellent electrical properties. Insulation in cables ensures that conductors and other metal substances do not come into contact with each other.
- Bedding (PVC) bedding is used to provide a protective boundary between inner and outer layers of the cable.
- Armour: Steel wire armoured provides mechanical protection, which means the cable can withstand higher mechanical stresses, be buried directly and used in external or underground projects. The armoring is normally connected to earth and can sometimes be used as the circuit protective conductor or earth wire for the equipment supplied by cable.
- Sheath: a black PVC sheath holds all components of the cable together and provides additional protection from external mechanical stress.
The PVC version of SWA cable described above, meets the requirements of both British Standard BS546 and standard IEC 60502 It is known as SWA BS5467 Cable and it has a voltage rating of 600/1000V.but is used mostly in the U.K for single and three phase circuits.
SWA cable can be referred to as mains cable, armoured cable, power cable and booklet armoured cable.