Tel 01244 288 138
This cable calculator is to be used as a guide only; the cable sizes are worked out using information given from your input, accurate values are essential to give you the correct cable size. The user is to ensure the type of cable is suited to environment and conditions the cable will be exposed to.
This cable calculator is set for Installation method C (Clipped Direct), for cable types BS5467 and BS6724 SWA (Steel wire armoured cable) and is based on the voltage drop selected at 230V single phase and 400V three phase.
If you need any further help with sizing your cable please call one of our team on 01244 288138
8am - 5pm
Monday to Friday
8am - 12pm
SWA Cable 3 Core 70mm Per Metre
Steel Wire Armoured Cable cut to length and priced per metre. Discount prices on high quality, British Standard and BASEC rated SWA Armoured Cable. Place your order before 2pm for Next Day Delivery, excluding weekends and bank holidays. Free delivery available on all orders over £100 before VAT.
Armoured XLPE mains cable to British Standard BS5467 suitable for power networks, here's some key specifications:
- Current rating : 236 Amp
- 6942XL 70.0mm 3 - Core SWA Cable
- Multi-Core XLPE insulated/PVC/SWA/PVC sheathed to BS5467 600/1000V
- Conductors: Plain annealed stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE (Cross linked polyethylene)
- Core identification: 2 core (Brown & Blue), 3 core (Brown, Black & Grey), 4 core (Brown, Black, Grey & Blue). 5 core & above - white cores with black numbers
- Bedding: PVC (Polyvinyl-Chloride)
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Single wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC (Polyvinyl-Chloride)
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C Standard: BS5467: Electric cables. Thermosetting insulated, armoured cables for voltages of 600/1000V and 1900/3300V
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity. These cables are provided with mechanical protection are therefore suitable for external use and direct burial.