SWA Cable 3 Core 4mm Per Metre – A type of electrical cable used to supply mains voltage electricity for a variety of uses and is protected by the steel wire armour below the sheath. As this cable is armoured, you can use it for underground installations as well as attaching it to structures or buildings using CC6 Cable Cleats. Please note that you’ll need CW20S glands for outdoor use and BW20S glands for indoor use.
Uses for this armoured cable include the following;
- Commercial & Industrial Kitchen Circuits
- Factory Lighting
- Mains Supply for Out Buildings
- Large Electric Gates
- Industrial Security Lighting
If you need to asses what size cable it is you require, please follow this link for our Armoured Cable Calculator.
PLEASE NOTE; this is an approximation, if you don’t know what cable size it is you require, please contact a qualified electrician so they can confirm.
Specifications for SWA Cable 3 Core 4mm Per Metre
- Current rating: 42 Amp
- Conductors: Stranded Copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: Brown, Black & Grey
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
This SWA Cable 3 Core is also available in SWA Cable 3 Core 6mm if you need more current capacity from your cable.
Fast, free delivery to mainland UK addresses (excluding highlands & islands) is available for as little as £5.99 plus VAT, however delivery is free on orders over £100 excluding VAT. If you require delivery notifications via text or email, please remember to include your mobile number and email address in the order.