SWA Cable 3 Core 16mm is a type of electrical cable used to supply mains voltage electricity for a variety of uses. As this cable is armoured, it is suitable for underground installation as well as being attached to structures or buildings using Cable Cleats. In Addition Both indoor and outdoor glands for this armoured SWA cable. This cable is commonly found in a range of installations including;
- EV (Electric Vehicle) Chargers
- Industrial Welding Equipment
- Control Installations
If you need to asses what size cable it is you require, please click here for our Armoured SWA Cable Calculator. PLEASE NOTE; this is an approximation, if you don’t know what cable size it is you require, please contact a qualified electrician so they can consult the regulations and confirm.
Specifications for 16mm 3 Core Armoured Cable
- Current rating : 94 Amp
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 3 core (Brown, Black & Grey)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Voltage: 600/1000V
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
Fast, free delivery to mainland UK addresses (excluding highlands & islands) is available for as little as £5.95 plus VAT, however delivery is free on orders over £100 excluding VAT. If you require delivery notifications via text or email, please remember to include your mobile number and email address in the order.
Building Regulation in England covering electrical safety in dwellings;