SWA Cable 2 Core 16mm Per Metre – A multi-core cable with a steel wire armour below the sheath. Due to this armour, this cable is suitable for outdoor use (attached to buildings or surfaces using CC9 Cable Cleats) or buried underground.
If you’re looking to terminate this cable into devices or buildings, you’re going to require cable glands. For this cable, you’d use a BW20 gland pack for indoors and CW20 gland pack for outdoors. We also stock and supply junction boxes. This cable would fit perfectly in a 1210/5 Wiska Junction Box.
SWA Cable 2 Core 16mm Per Metre Specifications
- Current rating: 110 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded Copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 2 Core (Brown & Blue)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables
- Voltage: 600/1000V (Higher voltages are available; please call 01244 288138 for more info)
For more detailed information on 2 core armoured cable, please check out our blog post titled ‘General Information – Armoured Cable 2 Core‘. This outlines the uses of this kind of cable as well as including some general specifications, allowing you to make an informed purchase.