LSF Armoured Cable 4 Core – A variant of Steel Wire Armoured (SWA) cable that contains an LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen) sheathing. As such, the sheath makes the cable ideal for installation where smoke emissions and toxic fumes can be potentially life-threatening (in a hospital, for example.)
Not only is the cable low smoke and fume for health and safety standards but is also mechanically protected by the steel wire armour within the cable, protecting the insulating layers beneath. This enables a higher pulling load. It also makes the cable suitable for indoor and outdoor use, as well as direct burial. It can also be attached to walls using Armoured Cable Cleats.
LSF Armoured Cable 4 Core Specifications
- Conductor: Class 2 stranded copper conductor
- Insulation: XLPE (Cross-Linked Polyethylene)
- Bedding: LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen)
- Armour: SWA (Steel Wire Armour)
- Sheath: LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen)
- Core Identification: Brown | Black | Blue | Grey
- Sheath Colour: Black
- Minimum Bending Radius:
– 1.5mm to 16mm – Fixed: 6 x overall diameter
– 25mm & Above – Fixed: 8 x overall diameter
- British Standards: BS 6724, BS EN/IEC 60228, BS EN/IEC 60754-1/2,
BS EN 50267-2-1, BS EN/IEC 60502-1, BS EN/IEC 61034-2
Flame Retardant according to BS EN/IEC 60332-1-2, BS EN/
IEC 60332-3-24 Cat C
We stock and supply a large range of 4 Core LSF Armoured Cable to suit a variety of applications and requirements. If there is a size or type of cable you can’t find among the range we have available, please call our sales team on 01244 288138 or send an email to email@example.com.
Ordinarily, you would use this cable for three-phase applications underground or in cable ducting. given its strong construction, it’s very resistant to knocks and scrapes and is perfect for use outdoors.