Armoured Cable 5 Core is a type of electrical cable identified by its steel wire armour, which is inside the cable itself to protect the insulating layers beneath. It’s a type of mechanical protection, therefore it makes the cable suitable for outdoor use and laying underground.
Another use would be using Armoured Cable Cleats to attach the cable to walls etc.
Armoured Cable 5 Core, as signified by its name, contains 5 cores (Brown, Black, Grey, Blue & green/yellow). The Green/Yellow core is an earth core, meaning that reliance on the steel wire providing an earth is not needed.
Not only does the steel wire armour provide mechanical protection, it also means that the cable can have higher pulling loads.
Specifications for Armoured Cable 5 Core are as follows:-
- Conductor: Class 2 stranded copper conductor
- Insulation: XLPE (Cross-Linked Polyethylene)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour: SWA (Steel Wire Armour)
- Sheath: PVC
- Core Identification: Brown | Black | Blue | Grey | Green/Yellow
- Sheath Colour: Black
- Minimum Bending Radius:
– 1.5mm to 16mm – Fixed: 6 x overall diameter
– 25mm & Above – Fixed: 8 x overall diameter
- British Standards: BS 6724, BS EN/IEC 60228, BS EN/IEC 60754-1/2,
BS EN 50267-2-1, BS EN/IEC 60502-1, BS EN/IEC 61034-2
Flame Retardant according to BS EN/IEC 60332-1-2, BS EN/
IEC 60332-3-24 Cat C
If you require any further assistance on Armoured Cable 5 Core, feel free to call our Sales Team on 01244 288138.