General Information – Armoured Cable 2 Core
General Information – Armoured Cable 2 Core is a type of electrical cable identified by its steel wire armour surrounding the insulated layers beneath. This is a form of mechanical protection, as to make this cable suitable for outdoor use as well as burial underground to supply power to outdoor structures and buildings etc.
Armoured Cable 2 Core, as indicated by the name, contains 2 Cores (Brown & Blue). Not only does the steel wire armour provide mechanical protection, but it also enables the cable to have higher pulling loads.
Armoured Cable 2 Core can also be attached to walls using cleats too. This means that you could potentially power something that’s on a roof of a building or structure lessening the need to run the cable inside the building, making the job more approachable.
Below are the detailed specifications and General Information for Armoured Cable 2 Core
– Current Rating: 27 Amp
– Multi-core XLPE Insulated/PVC/SWA/PVC sheathed to BS5467 600/1000v
– Conductors: Plain Annealed Stranded Copper
– Insulation: XLPE (Cross Linked Polyethylene)
– Core Identification: 2 Core (Blue & Brown)
– Bedding: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
– Armour/Protection – Steel Wire Armour
– Sheath/Jacket: PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
– Colour: Black
– Voltage: 600/1000v
– Operating Temperature: Maximum 90 Degrees, Minimum Bending 0 Degrees
– Standard: BS5467: Electrical Cables: Thermosetting Insulated, armoured cable for voltages of 600/1000v and 1900/3300v.